Monday, February 28, 2011

Week 2 of NO MORE BEGGING

A week has passed since I started the NO MORE BEGGING training. I can say that this blog is really keeping me motivated to work on his quirky behaviors and it is working! I have to stress that it is a slow process and patience is the key when training a dog (especially a stubborn one). Overall, the week went smoothly for the most part. He is learning to stay on his bed and when we are done eating he knows that he gets a treat. He loves that part. During the first couple of days he would try to sneakily scoot off the bed and towards the food but he has learned now that stay means stay. I am happy to report that he has even started going on his bed the moment when we step foot into the kitchen. Whenever there is a promise of a treat he will do almost anything.

I am going to keep this training report for the next week or so and then I will introduce our next challenge. Let me know if you have any suggestions about his training or any questions that you would like me to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment